Friday, October 3, 2014

Kastasia

"Who is your favorite author and why?"
"John Green, because of The Fault in our Stars, in the sense that it was relatable. It was relatable in the way that they had cancer, and my mom had cancer."
"Even though losing your mom was devasting, what was your favorite thing about her and what keeps you going?"
"My favorite thing about her was that she was always so optimistic. Whenever things were bad, she would still try to make us laugh. When in the hospital, she had a box full of stones, hearts, and crosses with words like 'hope' and 'dream.' Every now and then I look at them, and that helps me through it."

2 comments:

  1. This was very touching. I've read the book before, but I really had no connection to it unlike her. Even through such a hard time she's still able to keep going with the memory of her mother, and I admire her for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad she has a way making through it. I seen the movie but haven't read the book. Also it's nice to have some kind of memory of your mother.

    ReplyDelete