Monday, April 11, 2016

Oscar

20160411_105257.jpg

What was the hardest period in your life?
Well, to be honest, I've been through a lot of things, but I think that the hardest period in my life would be being bullied. Being bullied traumatized me a lot, all thanks  to stereotypes. People thought I was gay, when reality was that I wasn't. It was a daily life filled with insults and slurs. I used to be afraid of going out to the stores and people looking at me, or just people whispering would make me anxious. It wasn't just strangers, it was family too, but I decided to put all of that behind me and stand up for myself. Now, I really don't care what they think about me. They can talk, but I'll always be me. "You're not gonna tell me who I am, I'm going to tell you who I am."-Onika

5 comments:

  1. Feel bad that you went through all this, no one deserves to be bullied regardless of the situation. I am glad that you stand up for yourself. Hopefully more people speak their mind out and also stand up for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good that you finally were able to be who you want. It is good that you're gonna tell who you are not let them tell you who you are. It is good that you were able to overcome all of the things you went through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's admiring to see you overcome something so challenging. It's refreshing to hear that you are now standing up for yourself and you now have the courage to not care what others think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you stand up for yourself and let the world know who you are. It sucks that you had to be bullied, but you took a positive approach to this negative part of life which is great. I wish more people did what you did instead of ending their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate. It is very difficult to stand up for yourself once you've lost all your confidence.

    ReplyDelete